Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Quilting the Quilt Post

I complete the quilting on the pink quilt I posted about yesterday, made the bias binding, and attached the binding. I put it aside until I have an occasion to sit down and hand stitch down the binding.  Pictures and a post as soon as the binding gets done.

I mentioned that I completed a baby quilt top almost identical to this one using the fabric line "Newton" by Clothworks.  The first one I made was quilted using a cross-hatch method.  This second one, I am using a meandering method over the entire quilt.  If you look close, you can see the meandering towards the back of the picture where the quilt is folded.




Somehow I ended up with enough of this line to make about 4 baby quilts, so the next two will be in a different pattern for the quilt tops.  I also have another "Newton" line, called "Newton for All Seasons", which is just as cute, and will be making these later this fall.

No comments: