Tuesday, December 11, 2018

2018 Finishes - Starry Path - #54

This quilt is a Block of the month from 2009 at one of the local quilt shops.  Once again I did all the blocks during the year, but put it aside and it became an UFO.  I pulled it out this year, as one of the BOM's I was committed to get done.  The sashing are patterned pieces, so I had to spend time getting them made up and then I was able to proceed in putting the top together.  There are big background blocks, every other block with the printed fabric blocks.  There was an option to do an appliqué ring of flowers using the same colors as the blocks, but I opted not to do that for this quilt.  It came out better than I thought it would with all that background white space.





The borders use the same fabrics as found in the blocks.  It measures 65" X 65".  It doesn't look square in the picture, but it is, believe me.  I am not a fan of square quilts, but this is quite pretty.


Again, the sunlight doesn't due the close up pictures any justice, but I like the sherbet colors used in the quilt.







I had enough of the border fabric as a backing, and the fabric from the inner border for the binding.  



Size: 65" x 65"
Fabric Lines Used:  Unknown
Colors:  Sherbert yellows, pinks, blues
Pattern:  Frizzle Frazzle (Lynette"s "You're Invited" 05/06)
Designer:  Diane Bowden
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began: 2006
Year Completed: 2018


No comments: