Friday, March 25, 2016

Why I've Been Away

I know it has been awhile since I have written a post.  More than a month, but as you all know, I am a full time caregiver to both my mom and dad.  My dad's health took a turn for the worse, and we had to put him on hospice.  He passed away this past Friday, due to more complications with his health.  Not an easy time for anyone.  The funeral service will be four states away next week, and we will be traveling most of next week.

I did get to do some sewing these last two days.  It was good therapy to just do something I love and not have to think of anything else.  Some escapism is good for the soul, and sewing is just that for me.

I signed up for the BOM program, Crossroads Quilt Along, found on the Fat Quarter blog here  I also went ahead and purchased the kit, so I am doing the pattern in the fabric from Moda, called Strawberry Hills Revisited by Fig Tree.

The patterns are available for free, found at the link above each month, with the request that you donate something to the March of Dimes each time you down load the pattern.

Here is the first set of blocks done called the house block:


I now have been working on the next blocks, the diamond block, and have them almost done.  Will post soon.

Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

So sorry about dad, hope you and mum are doing ok. The school house blocks are great xx