Friday, December 7, 2018

2018 Finishes - Hourglass & Rails - #53


Everybody who reads about my projects and quilts, know that I'm  a follower of Bonnie Hunter at her blog Quiltville.  Every year around June/July, she puts out a new Leader Ender project.  I combined two of her years blocks to make this quilt.



Year 2016 was the pinwheel block and year 2017 was the rails block.  I chose to alternate the two blocks and came up with this quilt.



This quilt is made with 30's reproductions prints, and there is not duplicate within each block.  So, in essence, there in one block in a pinwheel and one block in a rail using the same print.  But, it is really very scrappy.  It measures 84" X 102".


The sun did not do justice of this quilt.  This is a close up of a corner of the different blocks.  I get all my quilts done in a stipple pattern by my long armer quilter.  It is very reasonable, and looks great on most of my common quilts.  

I chose a very pretty pink tone on tone to match the period pink colors.  I used it also for the binding.





Size: 84" x 102"
Fabric Lines Used:  30's Reproduction Prints
Colors:  Red, Green Yellow, blue, pink
Pattern: 2016 Pinwheels and 2017 Rails Leaders Enders 
Designer:  Bonnie Hunter
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began: 2016
Year Completed: 2018

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I would never have thought to combine the blocks - it worked really well!