Sunday, April 1, 2012

Simple Flannel Quilt

When I moved into my new sewing room, I of course found many things. Many things like projects that I started but put away. Put away because I wasn't in the mood to finish them, or I got bored on working on them, or something newer/better came along, or life interupted them.

Anyway, this is one of those projects. This is a Thimbleberries pattern that was so simple, I knew it would be perfect done in flannels. I bought this several years ago, the line is by Maywood Studios "Christmas Presence". I really liked the colors, and I didn't think it looked so Christmasy, that it couldn't be used all year round.

I have to confess that this part is the least part of quilting that I like to do. Maybe that's why it got put away so long ago? I have to say that sandwiching and pinning it today was so much easier doing it on my nice big cutting table. I used to have to do it on our king-sized bed, but there were always folds and wrinkles in the fabric because the surface was not hard.


This view is looking at the cutting table from the left side.


This view is looking at the cutting table from the right side.

And this is a close up view of the two flannels.

No comments: