Thursday, July 19, 2012

Star Skill Builder BOM

Remember when I commented about being a sucker for BOM's here? Well, while sorting through some more bins from moving to my new sewing room, I have unpacked a couple several of BOM's from year's past. My goal is to get a UFO done between each new project I start this year. So far, I am failing miserably, but I have to keep trying!

This one is from a local quilt shop The Cotton Patch and it is called Star Skill Builder. The designer of this series is Diane Bowden, a very talented individual, under her company Spinning Moon Designs.

The program worked that if you purchased two to three fat quarters used in the block, you got that months pattern free. It was this quilt shop's "counter BOM", which was different from their monthly quilt club BOM.

The print fabric is a Marcus Brothers' line by designer Faye Burgos. The blender is by Shadow Play by Maywood, and the background is Essential Dots by Moda. They blend together just beautifully, don't you think?

Notice that there are only 9 blocks? And this is a 12 month BOM... Well, when I laid them out to take the pictures, I noticed that I really messed up on three of the blocks. They were put together WRONG! Can you imagine that, me putting a block together wrong? Yes, more often than I like to admit. I spent an hour or so taking two of them apart and putting them in the order they needed to be, and in the case of the third block, I started from scratch and completely remade it. I'll post the before and after pictures tomorrow.



No comments: