Sunday, October 5, 2014

Holiday Potholder Sets

I received an custom order back at the beginning of September for a local college themed set of potholders.  One was to be an oven mitt and the other was just a simple rectangle one.  I posted about getting them done in between other projects, but in case you missed it here is a picture of them again.


The client then contacted me again, and ordered an additional 8 sets for various holidays throughout the year.  This way they can decorate the kitchen at a reasonable expense throughout the year.  Here are the first two holiday sets, that I will get off in the mail tomorrow, as Halloween month is already here, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

Here is the Halloween Set.  The lining, binding and back of the square potholder is spiders and their webs.  



Here is the Thanksgiving set.  The backing, lining and bias binding is a print with words of thanks.



Yes, I made the binding, only because it looks so much better than the limited colors of bias binding that can be bought in the fabric stores.  Anyone who is interested in the mitt pattern that I used, it was on the roll of Insul-Bright  that I used in the middle of the potholders.  If you click on the link, they provide the pattern for free.

Now, I still have to make Winter, Valentine's Day, Spring, Easter, Summer, and Fourth of July sets.  I will keep you updated with pictures as I get them finished.

Warmest...


No comments: