Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The 40's Basket Quilt

I mentioned that I had gotten back three quilts from the long arm quilter, and I needed to add binding to them.  This is the first on that I did, the 40's print of basket patterns.




I needed to chose a binding color, and came up with 30's reproduction blue and yellow.


As you can see here (work in progress of putting on the binding), I chose the yellow.  This whole quilt was bright and cheery, I went with the the color that was just that, the one that looks like the sun.


These are the only pictures I picked to use for now (the weather here in the Pacific Northwest is not working withe blog picture taking) of this quilt. 

This is a close up of one of the basket blocks showing the quilting and one of the basket patterns used in the quilt.  If you look at the top picture of the whole quilt, you'll notice that each basket block is a different pattern.

I am really happy to see that this one is done, finished, complete!  It will fit a twin size bed and will look just right someday, when I figure out how to do some displaying of them throughout the house.  


Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The binding is the perfect choice! Well done xx