Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tumbler Quilt

See the 2015 Leaders and Enders box in the top right column of my blog?  I spoke about it here in blog posts last fall.  

I have so many 30's reproduction prints that I was able to only use one print per tumbler not repeating any print.  Although the red polka dot looks like a repeating print, it isn't.  

It is laid out on my side of our California Split King bed.  So I would say it is an oversized twin size.  I made it longer than I would normally, as I wanted it to be able to tuck in at the end of the bed so it will stay in place.  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  I just grabbed tumblers at random, and sewed the rows together at random, not paying attention if I got two yellows or two greens together.  It is a true random put together quilt.




I had a 30's reproduction yellow small print that was a wide backing width, so the whole back is in one piece.  I struggled with what to bind the thing with once it got it back from the long arm quilter.  I didn't want to use a single print, so I settled on a solid.  Then it was a decision to decide which color of solid to use.  Pink is my favorite color, and there was pink prints in the front, and there were pink flowers in the backing print, so pink it was for the binding.  Moda has a line of 30's reproduction solids, and this pink is one of them that I used for this quilt.



I couldn't be happier with this quilt!

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Mmmmm, tumbler block, love it!

kathy said...

I love it too.