Friday, June 10, 2016

Vintage Sampler Month 1

Remember in this post when I said I signed up for this new BOM?   Well the package came the other day, and I was able to get it cut out and sewn up.



The first month involves three different blocks, scattered out all over the quilt.  There are a couple of things that are different about this BOM.

First, it give you three ways of doing the cutting out of the pieces.  Rotary, templates, or die cuts.  I chose the templates, because they are Marti Michell acrylic templates, and I already have them.  Using the templates takes longer to get them cut out, but when you go to sew them together, the pieces fit like a dream and the block comes out perfect.

Second, each block has instructions to add the sashing pieces as you make the blocks, so when you go to put the sampler together, it is just putting together all the big pieces.



This block was very amusing to me, it is a BOWTIE, just like the hundreds of cheddar bowties that I have been making for the last few months.  I made these without even looking at the pattern. Ha!


And, I am a sucker for basket blocks.  One of the better blocks I have made only because of the templates.


I am really liking the fabric, the prints, and the blocks so far, I am going to be looking forward to each months package.

Warmest...



1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Some clever tips there - it's going to be fab!!!