Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Mini Quilt Club

Yep, I did it again!  I signed up for another program/club this year.  I am a sucker for getting kits in the mail and or a BOM!  

Moving right along, this is a yearly club of mini quilts.  You can view them or sign up here if interested.  It is for 6 quilts, one every other month, for a year.

I signed up because I thought that in doing all my big quilt projects, I would like to do a small project, something that I could get done rather quickly and feel accomplished.  I also liked that these mini quilts will all be done in Civil War Reproduction Fabrics.  That way, when I go to display them, they will have some cohesiveness about them.

This is mini project is called " Mams's Scrapbag".  I was able to make it in two nights.  My only issue with this one is that I didn't not square up my blocks, so my center came out about 2" bigger around on all sides.  So, since there was only enough brown border for the smaller version, I adapted four corner posts from some leftover scraps from the center.



Home machine quilting was another reason I opted to do some of these mini quilts, as I can work on these on my machine.  I opted to do a cross hatch for this mini, and the picture below is the one direction.


Here is a close up of the cross hatching quilting showing both ways on the mini quilt.





 This is a up close look at the finished quilt with the binding all done.


And the final version.  Looks like I need to iron it, as it is been folded in my sewing bag from the weekend.


Warmest...



2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That’s a great mini - I’ve recently been converted to minis especially for holiday hand sewing - I didn’t know there were any BOM minis!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Me too. Always buy kits and maybe sew 1 out of 5. This is really cute.