Friday, October 26, 2018

2018 Finishes - TB Frizzle Frazzle - #46

This is a quilt top that I finished all except the borders, back in 2006 or 2007.  My memory gets a little fuzzy about projects, mostly because I didn't start tracking in writing about what I was working on until around 2012 when I started this blog.

This is another yearly program, where you get a kit a month, by Thimbleberries called, "You're Invited", and this kit is for June, 2006.

This quilt is made with flannels and homespun plaids.  The two plaid prints that are the square in a square sewn on top of the flannel square.  I used a zig zag to stitch on these squares leaving the raw edges exposed. All I had to do to finish it this year was to add the borders, find a close matching backing, get it quilted, and get it bound.



I gave this quilt to my husband to use in the mornings during the winter, while the house is warming up.  He drinks coffee and has a bite of breakfast before going to work and wanted something that was warm but not heavy.  This quilt is only the flannel top and a flannel back, with no batting in the middle.  He said it works perfect for him.  It is also long enough for his 6'1" frame, so his feet are covered too!


Here is a close up of the homespun square in a square patches on the flannel blocks.  


This is a close up of the flannel borders used in this quilt, and I used the backing flannel for the binding.


Here is a better picture of the binding of the backing that was used for this quilt.  This is the quilt that I wanted to use #45's quilt top for it's backing, but the #45 quilt was way smaller, and ended up not working as a backing, so that is why I went ahead and made #45 "Campfire".  The backing is by Wool & Needle Flannels by Primative Gatherings, as I had to get a close matching backing, as it is 12 years later that I get this one out to finish.  




My long arm quilter used an all over stipple to do this quilt, and she stippled over the appliquéd square in a square blocks, which will help with the fraying and holding it down better.

Warmest

Size: 68" x 81"
Fabric Lines Used:  Thimbleberries Flannel
Colors:  Red, Green Gold, Brown
Pattern:  Frizzle Frazzle (Lynette"s "You're Invited" 05/06)
Designer:  Lynette Jensen
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began: 2006
Year Completed: 2018





1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh I like a bit of raw edge applique - lovely autumn colours