Wednesday, October 3, 2018

2018 Finishes - Oregon Trail - #43


This quilt is a block of the month from a local quilt shop, done back in 2007. The quilt shop that did this program did it in two color ways, and I chose the 30's prints.   I have had the blocks done for ten years, and decided to get it done last year.  I had to find some sashing, corner stone stars, and border fabrics before I could get it done.  




I finished the blocks before I started the blog, so you will just have to look at them below.


I used several pastel colors for the sashing, borders, and the corner point stars.  


The backing is similar to pillow ticking used in the 30's, and I felt it fit the quilt to a tee.



Size: 58" x 75"
Fabric Lines Used:  Various 30's Reproduction Prints
Colors:  pink, orange, green, yellow, blue
Pattern: Oregon Trail
Designer:  Grandms's Attic Quilt Shop, Dallas, OR
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 2007
Year Completed: 05/18 


1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Pretty fabrics - well done for getting it finished