Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fat Quarter Quilt Mystery Designer block 1

Remember when I squealed about the package I got the other day? Well I've got the first block done from the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Designer BOM. I really, like the colors, I mean really like the colors. And I am not a red or tourquise fan! This first block was designed by Ann Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. Easy instructions, and it goes together like a dream.


Below is a method I have used for the last four years or so to store my quilt blocks They are plastic sleeves that are 12"X12" made for scrapbooking paper sheets. These sleeves have a pocket in front, and comes with a lined card, similar to an index card, and on the back side is a half pocket on the inside of the sleeve for aditional storage. As you can see, it's where I keep the pattern(s) of what I am working on. These sleeves are perfect for my BOMs as I can keep them stored, adding each block month by month and until I am ready to assemble the quilt top. They keep my blocks out flat, no fold lines, and dust free. The sleeves are made by Cropper Hopper with 3 to a package. I found mine at Wal-Mart for about $6.50 four years ago, I have not seen them there since.

No comments: