Sunday, March 10, 2013

Addition to My Sewing Room

I have wanted a treadle sewing machine for, since forever.  When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be a pioneer woman, born in the prior century.  Since then, I know how hard life was then, and wouldn't really like to have been born then.  Leftover, from that line of thinking though, I have always wanted a singer treadle sewing machine.  Up until now, I either couldn't afford one, or didn't have a space to have one.  I now have space for one in my sewing room, and my husband shelled out the bucks for this one.  And, you are not going to believe where I found it either!  At the gun show we were doing this weekend!  Yep, at the gun show!  There is another seller there that always has older guns and usually a Singer Featherweight for sale.  I guess he finds old broken ones, cleans and fixes them up and brings one with him with his guns.  So I asked him if he had any Singer Treadle machines, and no he didn't, but a gentleman had just stopped and talked to him about his recently deceased wife's treadle machine.  So, this Featherweight guy hooked me up with the Treadle Machine guy, and ta da!

So enough talk, here are the pics.....




This is the drawer full of attachments and feet!


3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Congratulations on your new Singer 66 and that wonderful 7-drawer cabinet. I can't tell if yours is back clamping or side clamping (referring to how the feet attach). You will love piecing with this machine--and you'll love that you can service it yourself! (Are you acquainted with Treadle On?)

Carry Hers By Natalie said...

It looks great, I have one but it is at my Sisters' place right now as I didn't have room for it. Hopefully one day I can bring it back home.

Linda Walker said...

My mom had one just like that. Many nights I fell asleep to the sound of her sewing away. She would often sew into the wee hours while we slept. Your sewing machine is beautiful!
Linda
mysewwhatblog