Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Fever


It is starting to become spring here in the Northwest.  This is the time I begin to plant my cold crop garden in my boxes.  The first picture is a picture of my boxes when we built them three years ago.  So today, I planted peas, carrots, radishes, beets, lettuce, spinach, and snow peas.  All of these were planted in just one box, but provides more than we can eat when it comes time to harvest.  I added a picture of the flowers I grow every year, as I planted new bulbs in the long garden box in the back along the fence line.  I planted more calla lilys, dahlias, and glads.  I successive plant glads, and can have them for my cut flowers all summer long.  Today I planted 50 glad bulbs, and will plant about 50 every 3 to 4 weeks until about late July.  I love spring and all it brings!









No comments: