Monday, March 4, 2013

Winter Blues

I thought I was going to make it through a winter, missing the flu, cold, and pneumonia crud this year, as it has always hit me in January.  Sailed through January, when all around me were sick, sick and more sick.  So, I was feeling quite superior about it all, and well, one should never feel superior, because it always backfires, especially on me, because POW,  I got knocked right off my feet, flat on my back, with toes curled up with coughing coming down with a bad bout of pneumonia.  I kid you not, I have been one sick puppy, and I am still not over it, as I either gotten a cold, or a rebound of the pneumonia.

Of course, as luck would have it, I was sick when my son came home (couldn't you tell in the video?),  and my parents have been here from Albuquerque.  I haven't been the best hostess or the of company.  Nobody is when they are sick.  I wanted to spend some quality time with them, but I have still had to work and or be in bed early.  They probably don't even feel slighted like I do, as they are the sweetest couple of people anyone could have for parents.  But still, it is just not fair.

Then, I have had to do two trade shows with my husband every weekend since being sick, and will be doing them again the next two weekends.  Geez, when will there be a break?????

Taxes need to be done for both the business and personal.  I think it might be time to let the pros do this, as I have always procrastinated doing them every year.  Hmmm, note to self, need to discuss with hubby on this issue.

The garden needs to be started, at least the cold crop veggies need to be planted. They will be in late this year. Bummer.

But, you would think I would be writing about not being able to sew, quilt or craft?  No, I know this time of year always brings on this hectic schedule, and I know that I won't be able to get to this area of my life until life gets organized every year.  When I can get back to this area, I am excited and more creative as taking a break re-energizes me and I really appreciate my hobby all the more.

Thanks for letting me whine.  I feel better, just not physically. Yet. 

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You tend to yourself first and get well!