Friday, May 30, 2014

Newly Selected UFO BOM

I am still working through the many UFO BOM projects that I have acquired over the past 15 years or so, and have selected this one to work on over the next several months.  

This is called "Quilt Block Sampler", having a total of 84 different blocks to complete the quilt top.  Not going to get bored working on this one, that's for sure.  That's why I stated I would be working on it for the next several months.  It is the kind of BOM that I can work in a block or two in between other projects, and still feel like I am accomplishing the goal of getting this one done.


This is a page out of 23 pages provided as the only direction on cutting out the block and completing the block.  The cutting directions are listed on the left, the completed block is in the middle, and the last picture on the left, is the break apart block, kinda giving direction on how to put the block together.  Most blocks are pieced, but there are a few that are to be paper pieced, and a couple appliquéd.


Here is the big sack, full of individual sacks, each one a block to this quilt, and not sure if you can really tell from the picture, but the fabric is civil war reproductions.  The company, Homestead Hearth, is where I purchased this program/project about 5 years ago.  I know they are not carrying this BOM any more, but they have over 30 BOM's to choose from at any given time, so I am sure you could find something very similar to this one.


I am including a picture of the finishing kit package, as the sack is representative of Homestead Hearth Quilt Shop.  I know where I received the BOM from, just by the packaging they use.  They have always used this paper pattern sack to ship all of their monthly programs out.  I think it is endearing the different ways quilt shop identify themselves to their customers.  


Warmest...

No comments: