Thursday, June 4, 2015

Quilting Resolution

At the beginning of the New Year, I made some resolutions.  Like everyone else, I have kept some, and not kept some.  One of the resolutions that I have not kept is the one about quilting two tops each month.  Ha! Ha! Ha!

What an over achiever statement if I ever heard one.  Especially knowing my track record.  Sounds good when I said it to myself, even looked better on paper when I wrote it down, but seriously.  Me. Quilt.  Two. Quilts. A. Month???????  I really am snickering as I write this post.

Now, to no avail, I am this week, been working on quilting  a finished top.  Yep, I have pulled out the Chocolat Legacy quilt top.

If interested, you can read all about the making of this quilt here.


The quilt top measures 100" X 100", so I have to pin it in sections.  On a queen bed.  Takes a long time and about 1000 safety pins to get it done.


I am though, very please with the backing for this quilt.  If you remember, I scored awhile back (sometime in March) this backing in the same fabric line as the front.  It is a wide backing of 104" from Moda and from the fabric line Chocolat by 3 Sisters.  What I do like best about it is how smooth it lays and is so rich in texture and shape.  I should have it all pinned up by tomorrow and quilting it over the weekend.  

Warmest...

Cheddar Blocks:






1 comment:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

You had me chuckling at your comment about quilting two tops each month. I have made the same resolutions.........for embroidery.....and just like you..........I have so much to catch up on. LOL I really love this pattern on your quilt. It sounds like it is very large but I can't wait to see when you are finished!