Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What's Up at My House


I am traveling out of state again, for the next few weeks, to prepare my parents to leave their home and come and live with my husband and me.  One of the many things we have done in our home is to fix them up a room to sleep.  We had an extra spare room so we cleared it out, painted, added a light/ceiling fan, and I made some new curtains for the two windows.  I scored this gray fabric, which is one of my Mom's favorite colors, and made four panels. 


I only wanted the length to come to the edge of the windows, as I didn't want the curtains to get in the way of the beds that are going in the room.  The picture didn't come out so well, as the sun was directly coming in the windows this time of day.


I also have been busy with this year's harvest.  Remember when I posted about all the little seedlings raised in the greenhouse?  And then planting all those plants in the garden?  Well, all of those seedlings/plants have produced.  Boatloads of produce!!!!

Tomatoes, about a bushel.



 Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans:


That came off of these plants on the trellis that had peas on it earlier this year.



So the tally for the day was 18 quarts of tomatoes, and 9 pints of green beans.




Fall is going to really be busy for me this year!  Hang on for the ride with me....


Warmest...











1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Is a bushel a REAL measurement? I know the song " I love you a bushel and a peck" but had never considered it as a real measurement! Hope all goes well moving mum and dad xxx