Monday, September 19, 2016

Simple Nine Patch

I pulled out another UFO last week, all the nine patches were put together, except the last month.  So, I finished them up and pieced them together.

This was a BOM, and the pattern was found in this book, Primitive Gatherings.  Had to buy the book to participate in the BOM.


This is a picture from the book showing the finished quilt.


There are several ways you can make a nine patch.  Many designers have come up with efficient and easier ways to make this block.  These women designers use a totally different technique than I had ever done, and the blocks came out better than if I had done it any other way.  



This is my top with the blocks sewn together.  It is made up of civil war reproduction prints and a tea stained muslin.   I just love the simplicity of this quilt.  I am excited to get this one done.



The only draw back of this quilt is I didn't want a square quilt, so I made it longer.  In doing so, it is now not wide enough, and obviously there is no scrap leftovers.  So, I have bought a muslin that is a pretty good match and I will have to tea stain it a bit to be a better match, and will use some of the civil war reproduction scraps from the quilt Civil War Tribute.  

Another work in progress in the queue.

Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh that's one of my favourites! Yours doing really well with your UFOs - maybe I could send you mine!!!!