Monday, April 17, 2017

Another Surgery

WARNING:  Picture could be not for the weak of heart.



When I was 5, I had an aneurysm burst, and I hemorrhaged through my left ear canal (which saved my life).  In doing the repair, they cut all of the facial muscles on the left side and it caused paralysis. My left eye has not ever been able to close all the way, and now that I am getting older, the eye is drying out.

The fix for this was to put a gold weight in the upper eyelid to help pull it down to close over the entire eye.  I understand this is fairly common, and done more often than one would think.

Also, this procedure has been around for over 20 years, as it was suggested that I have this done in my late thirties, but my eyes were not dry, so I opted to wait and see if I would really need it later.  Well, later came and this is what I am recuperating from this week.


Hopefully, between this surgery and my knee surgery of last December (which I am still dealing with the aftermath doing surgery)  I am done with surgeries for awhile.  Age has it's drawbacks.

Warmest...

2 comments:

kathy said...

Faint of heart - wowza. Hope you had a good easter in spite of looking frightening. lol

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That's a whole post of "fortunately unfortunately" - what amazing things they can come up with, hope you recover quickly xx