Friday, May 19, 2017

En Provence Mystery Quilt - 2017 Finishes #28

Yes, I finally got this quilt done!  It came back from the long arm quilter last week, and I got the binding on it within a couple of days.

This is a close up of that border that makes the points of the stars look like they are floating into the border.  Really a cool look.


I chose to do a the binding in the same print as the pink stars in the quilt.   I think it makes the quilt pop.


Again, the weather is not cooperating with me for picture taking, but here it is laid out on my CalKing sized bed.  See, I told you it was a big quilt!



This is a close up of the backing.  Remember, I found it at an obscure quilt shop, and felt it would work perfect, as the colors of this print are all in the front of the quilt.  The print is from the fabric line "Downton Abby" by Andover Fabrics.


Since this is being gifted, I had enough fabric of some of the scraps to make a couple of pillow cases. I like to make French seam pillowcases there are may free patterns out there on the web, especially on the All People Quilt site, where they are doing a 1 million pillowcase drive for different causes.  You can find out more here.


Here are the finished pair of pillowcases.  I made them for decoration to go with the quilt, and not to be actually used to sleep on, unless they choose to do so.



Warmest...



Size: 88" X 88"
Fabric Lines Used:  Scrap Stash 
Pattern: En Provence Mystery Quilt 2016
Designer:  Bonnie Hunter
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 11/2016
Year Completed: 04/2016





2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That's great!!! I really like the stars in the boarder - that's a LOT of cream / neutral squares!!!!

Charlie d said...

Thanks for sharing your project and may God bless you as you walk with Him. I find thst's always best!