Tuesday, September 19, 2017

2017 Finishes - Thimbleberries Paint Box Stars - #29


If you have been following me on my blog for any length of time you know I am a part of Quilt of Valor program.  I have a neighbor that I am best friends with and her husband, as it turns out, is a retired captain form the marines.  So I had been working on a quilt that would be perfect to give him under this program.   

Meet Captain Jack Carter, Ret. USMC holding up the quilt I gave him under the program.  He is 81 at the time I gave him the quilt.



His wife, my friend, took this picture of he and I with he quilt for their memory picture book and family.



Below is the presentation letter you give with the quilt.


I made a label, something that I don't do very often (hang my head), but I wanted him and his family to know about the quilt and where it came from and how it was presented.  


He and his wife was very touched by receiving this quilt, and it made my heart swell as well.  Wonderful program to be a part of and a participant.

Warmest...

1 comment: