Monday, September 4, 2017

Scrap Quilt of Valor Blocks


I have been working on the quilt "Vintage Sampler" for the last few months.  Always, when working on BOM programs, there is plenty of fabric left over from cutting out the pieces for the blocks.  Since the colors for this quilt were red, white, blue and a little black, what was a girl to do, except make Quilt of Valor blocks!!

I found the pattern for this block on the fabric collections manufacturing page, Paintbrush Studio Fabrics.  You can find the pattern here if interested in making something for yourself.



This is my scrappy version of the block, and it's perfect that they turn out to be 12" finished.  Perfect for the Quilt of Valor program.  I am going to be able to get 9 blocks out of the scraps.  Well almost, I did have to add some of my own red to get the 9 blocks.



Then I had a lot of small scraps left over, so I made some very scrappy filler blocks as well.  




I was again laid up for another couple of weeks, recovering from eye surgery on the same eye that they put the gold into the eyelid back in April.  The gold made my eyelid too heavy, and I had a slight allergic reaction, so they had to go back in and remove the gold.  The biggest drawback from the surgery, is I can't lift more than 10 pounds, or bend over for almost two weeks. I have much yard work, kitchen cabinets to be finished refinishing, canning fall harvests, laundry, and my list could go on and on.  I am getting antsy.  

Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Sorry to hear about the eye but the quilt is fab! Xx