Saturday, December 9, 2017

An Unexpected Gift


I just love my sister-in-law!  I received a package from her last week and was just overwhelmed with what I found inside.


You are looking at a huge pile of patriotic fabric.  WOW, just, WOW!!

She follows me on my blog, and knows that I work with a group, Quilt of Valor Stars.  She know that I make blocks for this group, and wanted to help.  She is short on time, but had this fabric, so she sent it to me so I could incorporated them into blocks.  

This is the new block the group is doing for their next drive.  They would like 2000 blocks from all of us participants.  I have 8 done so far.




I'll be working on some more throughout the month.  It will be a big help now having more fabric to choose from to make these blocks.  Shout out thanks to my Sister-in-Law, Ginger!!

She also included a couple of decorations. Which I put into my sewing room.  She knows my sewing room is pink, and pink is my favorite color, and my name is pronounced like the bird Wren.  So, she found this beautiful ceramic pink bird cage.  It's just too cute!


I have wall space above my sewing area, where I have a collection of crosses.  of the four on my wall, my sister-in-law has given me three.  Maybe even the big one??  Anyway, she knows I have this collection and she added another one.


The silver one is the newest addition that I hung on the wall.  It reminds me of Who I really have in my life and how important He is to me.  


Again, Ginger, if you are reading this, thank you so much.  You know me so well.  Love you and hope you are doing good with the Chemo.

Warmest...


1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What an amazing S-i-L! Can you remind me of your address? I have a little (very little) something for you xxxx