Monday, December 11, 2017

Little Quilt

I came across this mini quilt in one of my magazines (American Patchwork and Quilting, Oct 2017 issue)  and was inspired by it enough to want to do one myself.  It is called Chocolate Stars by Jo Morton.  She does a line of mini quilts each year for a program called Little Women's Club.  She even has a book out just recently with nothing but these little quilts.   The block in the lower left hand corner in the first picture is an old vintage block that Jo Morton takes and does a remake on that block.



This mini quilt will be done completely by hand.  So, I dug out one of my floss pocket holders and put all the small pieces in to keep them organized and easy to travel with while in the vehicle.




One of the reasons that this mini quilt will be better off done by hand quilting is because it had several set in seams.  These are so much easier to do by hand than by machine.


Here is a partial one done.  


And getting more done on the star block.  


I am enjoying this little quilt and it's process of doing it by hand.  Even if it takes me a year or so....


Warmest...




1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh wow! It's going to be lovely, but I think I'd adapt it to EPP!!!!