Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Done. D.O.N.E. Done

Yessiree, I am done.  All eight of them are complete.  I wanted to cry from all the frustrations and at the same time do the happy dance, like Snoopy does.  But I cried throughout the process of making them, so I settled on the happy dance.  I know I ripped out more seams on these blocks that I would ever want to admit, because after about three completed blocks I thought I figured all the seam allowances out and could just whiz right through the next five.  Wrong.  Each block was it's own struggle nightmare.  More often than not, I would do stretching to make things fit, and then iron with lots of steam to set the fabric.  Any of the wonkiness of the blocks, will get fit in when it comes time to put the whole quilt together, and then the rest of it will work itself out in the quilting of the whole thing.  

I do have to say that I really like the way the pattern is for these blocks, as they will frame the medallion center of the quilt.  I have this same struggle going on with the "Farmer's Wife" quilt blocks, so I guess one could say, I gained some more patience and skill when working with these difficult and complex patterns.  



Lee said...

They are lovely blocks, and your experiences sound much like my own while I worked on the Celtic Solstice quilt, all those bias angles make for frustrations as it seems I was always off a thread or two no matter what I did! "Done" is a good thing :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your blocks turned out great. You do have patience for sure!!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

These blocks are beautiful, Renee! I can feel your frustration just from looking at them. So much to match and line up. I've done it before, and we "perfectionists" often end up ripping stitches and redoing. I can see you mastered them all. Bravo!