Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Civil War Tribute BOM, Block 7

A few posts ago, here, I wrote about the block 7 of the Civil War Tribute BOM that I am trying to get completed.  I am really struggling with this block.  I opted to keep it authentic, by cutting the block on 1/16's .  After sewing up parts and trying to get the parts to fit, I realized that my seams need to be 3/16",instead of 1/4".  I ended up tearing it all apart and starting over, and trying the assembling it again.  Even at best, and trying real hard to "eyeball" the smaller seam, it is a struggle getting all the pieces to fit together properly.  And, yeah, I have seven more to struggle through!  Sigh!!

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That looks way to hard and so many pieces. You did a great job. I would have thrown it on the floor and stopped a mud hole in as my Mom used to say....giggle.