Thursday, August 7, 2014

Next Custom Order Project - John's Quilt

While out of town for the last three weeks, I received a new custom quilt order.  I am going to nickname this quilt "John Q".  While in New Mexico, I was able to go fabric shopping with the individual and pick out the fabric of the quilt.  This quilt is going to be laid out sorta like (with some modifications)  the quilt pattern below by  Lucy's Quilts.  If you are interested in getting this pattern, follow the link and then in the comment section ask her to send you her pattern, "Stained Glass Denim Quilt".




 Here is the color swatch page.  Each swatch has a corresponding number, so when we are discussing the layout and pattern of the quilt long distance, we will know what fabric we are talking about which will hopefully eliminate any confusion.


So before I can begin to work on this quilt, I am choosing to for the first time in my quilting making, washing the fabric first before cutting it out and stitching it together.  I am choosing to do this, because the colors are very dark (something I don't usually use unless they are wall hangings, and they don't get washed anyway).  I am afraid that the darker colors will run or bleed onto the lighter colors, so I am washing the darks in one load and the lights in another load.


This picture shows how I prepared the vast amour of yardage of fabric for the washer.  I am fortunate to have a front loader washer, so the fabric won't get wound around the center agitator of top loading machines.  But, I still wanted the fabric to stay as flat and together as possible, so I laid each piece out, selvage to selvage and folded it into fourths, and then pinned it together at approximately 12' intervals.  This will keep the fabric from becoming a crumpled mess and will much easier to iron when it is all done being laundered.  

Next step will be cutting out all the different sized squares for the quilt top.  Stay tuned...



Warmest...

28 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the fabrics you picked especially the strip!

Unknown said...

Using the smaller pieces is exciting! How versatile and creative! Thank you for sharing! Please send me your pattern. It's lovely indeed!!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, nancyarch@cableone.net

Thanks again ;-)

Unknown said...

I love this pattern - Stained Glass Denim Quilt. I would love to try to make it as a memorial quilt for a friend of mine; may I please have the pattern? tonyac7478@gmail.com

Thank you!
Tonya

OzzieDi said...

How exciting. Looking forward to making this project. Would it b possible to send the pattern to me at diane.is@live.com. Many thanks 🙏

Unknown said...

Would you please send me the pattern for Stained Glass Denim Quilt?
Thank you.
roxystockberger@gmail.com.

Jolene said...

Would you please send me the pattern for the Stained Glass Denim Quilt? Thank you. grandsons247@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Been saving denim for some time. Would love this pattern. bettquallie@gmail.com Thankyou!!

Unknown said...

Just what I'm looking for.

Excited new quilter said...

I am just learning quilting. I was looking for a pattern to make a family quilt to honor my grandmother. I am going to put a pic of all our family members on it. Would you send me the Denim Quilt pattern. dabrenee@gmail.

Thank You!

Linda said...

Hello! This is wonderful! How much is your pattern and how can I get it?
Thanks in advance!
Linda.vickerson@gmail.com

randyfox said...

Could you please send me this pattern?

Randy Fox

DLD said...

Love the stained glass denim quilt pattern, please send it to me
Deleeuwhome@gmail.com
Thank you very much

Sandra said...

Love the pattern. Would you please send it to roybalsm@outlook.com. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Love this pattern. Could you please send it to me at jamimoore2026@yahoo.com

Kathy said...

This is just what I want to make next! Can you send me the pattern at ingram02@gmail.com?

Ana said...

please! I love to make it to my mother😍😍 r42crmaa@gmail.com thank you!!

Yvonne said...

Will you please send me your pattern for the Stained Glass Denim Quilt at yswimmer@gmail.com ? I love this pattern! Thanks!

Jae said...

I would also love the Stained Glass Denim Quilt pattern! Finished a quilt today, ready for my next project! Thank you! jaelyn@gmail.com

Jae said...

I would also love the Stained Glass Denim Quilt pattern! Finished a quilt today, ready for my next project! Thank you! jaelyn@gmail.com

Brenda said...

I would love the pattern for the Stain Glass Quilt. I just finish3ed memory shirt quilts for 6 great grand sons, and would like to make quilts with jean. Thank you. brenda27326@gmail.com

dale said...

I really like this pattern layout....stained glass denim quilt pattern. I would really like to get a copy of this pattern, please. I have a couple of memory quilts to make and this pattern would be perfect. Thank you,! Dale (yamd76@hotmail.com)

Unknown said...

The pattern is pretty awesome. I would love the Stained Glass Denim Quilt pattern. Thank you! kvbryan@gmail.com

Sandale said...

I would appreciate having the pattern for Stained Glass Denim Quilt. Thank you.

Everdien said...

Zou u mijn ook het patroon van Steiner Glass Denim Quilt willen toezenden.
everdien.oevering@gmail.com
Alvast hartelijk dank

Ninja In The Kitchen said...

Could I pls get a copy of the stained glass denim quilt . Thank you.

leeh_chong@hotmail.com

linda said...

I love the stain glass denim quilt . I would love to have the pattern mlswannest@gmail.com

arendje said...

Please send pattern for Stained Glass Denim Quilr - arendjewhidden@gmail.com - thank you for sharing -