Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Spring(y) Project

I have been working on a couple of UFO's this winter that are warm colors fitting for the cold dreary days, and I decided now that it is Spring in full bloom here in the Pacific Northwest, I needed a Spring(y) project to work on.  A short while back I pulled out a 2007 project, called Patchwork Party 2007 Spring Edition.   I finished the a few of the remaining twelve sampler blocks, but I still needed to work on the six additional appliqué blocks and the log cabin border blocks.  Today, I started working on the appliqué blocks.  They are similar to Biltmore flower blocks.

In the picture below, I have done two blocks, they are just overlapping so I could fit it in one picture.  the block on the left is called Rose at Dawn, and the one on the left is called Antique Tulip.  I will still have to stitch down the pieces, as they are only being held down with Heat and Bond material.

I included the instruction sheet, showing a corner of each of the six appliqué blocks.  I have four more to go, and then I will work on the log cabin blocks.  This is the only picture I have from the internet quilt company, Suzannes Quilts, that was included with the finishing kit that I ordered from them back in 2007.  This shows the layout of the sampler blocks, the appliqué blocks, and the log cabin blocks.

It's going to be another large quilt!