Wednesday, June 21, 2017

2016 Finished Quilts - Thimbleberries Garden Glory - #21

I am kinda all over the place with the multiple programs I participated in over the years.  There are a total of 102, plus or minus, projects to work on at any given time.  So, I have been skipping around choosing the projects I want to work on, moree based on what is my favorites.  

This quilt comes from the program called Room by Room, during the year of 2008.   More Specific this was a kit for the month of May.  The name of the quilt is called Garden Glory.  


I made this quilt right after I was laid off from my job of 7 years, during the downturn of the economy.  It was one of the first projects I worked on during this dark time of my life.  I got the top done, and since I wasn't doing quilting on my domestic machine, I put it aside until late last year.  I pulled out the top and added the borders and sent it off to the long armer.  

This is one of my favorites, mostly because it is a happy quilt, with good colors.  And, it is not a square quilt, so I will fit on a twin bed, measuring 63" X 77".  Sad, because I don't have a twin bed to put it on right now.  I have dreams of owning a cabin, and putting my quilts on lots of beds.  That's a big dream, and just a dream.


Forgive the shadow of the ladder prop, but the rest of the picture shows the pattern blocks in this quilt.  I really like the big floral squares in this quilt.  The print makes me smile.


Here is a close up of the borders and binding.  I always like the way Thimbleberries patterns for borders, they are often different with cornerstones, or different colors, or patterned blocks.


Just like the front of the quilt, the backing is light also.  It is a tone on tone beige, very common for Thimbleberries quilt backings, and background fabric.  Binding is a yellow tone on tone, and it makes the completion of the quilt just perfect.


Warmest...






Size: 63" X 77"
Fabric Lines Used:  Thimbleberries 
Pattern: Thimbleberries Club Room by Room 05/08
Designer:  Lynette Jenson
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 05/2008
Year Completed: 09/2016

No comments: