Friday, September 14, 2018

2018 Finishes - Medallion Star - #41


Back in 2007, 2008, and 2009, I was participating in block of the months with two local quilt shops.  This is one from the other quilt shop, called Medallion Star.   All the fabric in this quilt is muted fall colored solids, no prints.   I got this started back in 2008, and because I really did not like it, I put it aside, and dug it out to finish this year.  After it was done, I liked it more than I originally thought.   


This one is another square quilt, measuring 67"x67".  It has the medallion in the middle and falling oak leaves circling the star.   I posted a picture of this quilt in a comment line on Facebook where the person was asking for ideas for quilts that looked fall in color and design.  Someone else like it so much, she asked for the pattern.  Since I knew I would not be making it again, I stuck it in the mail for her to enjoy.


Close up of the center pattern.



Border, very subtle.


To bring in some prints in this top, I chose a very pretty floral that has all the colors from the front.


While I was binding this quilt at a trade show, a friend of ours asked if it was for sale.  I told her no, that I don't sell any of my quilts.  As soon as I finished this quilt, I packaged it up and gave it to her the next time I saw her at the trade show.  

Size: 67" x 67"
Fabric Lines Used:  Shadow Play, Various Tone on Tone Solids (Maywood Studios)
Colors:  Fall colors, red, gold, green, bronze, brown
Pattern: Cotton Patch Medallion Star
Designer:  Diane Bowden
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 2008
Year Completed: 06/18

No comments: