Thursday, September 20, 2018

2018 Finishes - On Ringo Lake - #42

This quilt is another Bonnie Hunter annual mystery quilt.  This is the fourth year that I have participated in her mystery quilt programs.  They are free and happen every year between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

This is the second mystery quilt that I did in fabric lines from Fig Tree Quilts by Moda.  I have quite a collection of her lines, so I was able to have enough to do this mystery quilt again for the 2017 Mystery Quilt.  Progress posts of this quilt can be found here.




Every one of her quilts are quite large, this one is no exception at 75" X 90".  


Close up of the block and quilting.  Notice the binding, I had to use both yellow and backing fabric in order to have enough to do the binding, just like the backing.


I did not have enough of the yellow to do the whole backing, so I included another color (background) as part of the backing.  I sewed it as opposite pieces and this is what it looks like.


Size: 75" x 90"
Fabric Lines Used:  Various Lines from Fig Tree Quilts by Moda
Colors:  pale yellow, red, pink and background
Batting:
Pattern: On Ringo Lake
Designer:  Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 11/2017
Year Completed: 06/18



1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Gorgeous, and a great idea for the backing