Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quilt Shop Quilt Club Blocks


These are the first six blocks from my local quilt shop quilt club. We meet once a month, and get a new block each time. At the end of the year and twelve blocks later, a sampler quilt can be made. The quilt club offers five colorways, civil war reproductions, 30's prints, floral prints, black/red/white, and batiks. This year I have chosen the colorway 30's prints. I am always a sucker for these prints!

I have been doing this club for for the past 6 years, missing only one year. I have chosen all colorways, except the batiks and the black/red/white. I have completed one set all the way through to assembly, quilting, and binding. The rest, including this year's, is on my UFO list to be done this year.

I made a pact with myself, sort of a new year's resolution, to complete a UFO, then a newer project, and alternate back and forth. This way I can get the older projects completed and still enjoy new ones and not feel guilty.

No comments: