Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lining Knitted Scarves

Well, I made it through the Thanksgiving Holiday, and picked up some supplies for future items in my ETSY shop on Black Friday.  But now it is really getting cold outside, and I am ready to start spending lots of time in my sewing room.

One of the things that I have had on my to do list for some time now is to get a lining put on a couple of my knitted scarves.

I had bought some fairly expensive yarn,  about two skeins of each color, so about the only thing I could do was to knit a couple of scarves.  But, after knitting them up they rolled up like this and not very functional.  I spent much time blocking them (on my ironing board) and they still curled up.  I then saw somewhere on Pinterest, that someone had lined their scarf with some cotton fabric.  Genius!



So, I measured out the fabric, and took my handy wonder clips and put the them together.





I used a long running basting stitch on my sewing machine to attach the fabric to the knitted scarf.



This one was more difficult to make neat and tidy, as the ends of the scarf flared out, causing the fabric to ruffle a little bit.



All in all, I think they look so much nicer, and will add a different flare to the look of the knitted scarf!!



Warmest...

No comments: