Friday, July 3, 2015

Cheddar Bow Ties

Before I left to go out of state, I started the Cheddar Bow Tie quilt.  My goal is to not duplicate any print in the blocks.  Only the cheddar will be consistent throughout the quilt.  So I went off to a venture of finding scraps in the town I am currently staying.  I went into a wonderful shop here, told them I was making a scrap project and looking for bits and pieces of fabric.  The nice clerk lead me to a basket of 6" square scraps of fabric.  There were about 500 pieces and although there were about 5 - 6 of each print, I was able to get 100 totally different prints.  


Then I went to different thrift shops and picked up several scrap pieces!  Score!  So a good guess of the number of new different prints for the cheddar blocks is about 175 (I have approximately 150 at home).  I figure I am a little under a half of the way to getting a different print for each block.   Remember I need 720 blocks to make a twin size.


These bags are the left over scraps from the pieces from the thrift store.  They have been cut down according to the system that can be found here by Bonnie Hunter on Quiltville.com. 


I am ready to get home and start sewing again, and I now have some more prep and cutting done!

Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh well done! Happy to send you some orphan charms if they will help xxx