Friday, August 5, 2016

2016 Finished Quilt - Pastel Baskets - Quilt 5


See double?  Yep, I have posted a quilt with this pattern here. It was done in the 40's print, remember?  Anyway, the quilt shop did this as a "counter BOM", in two different fabric lines at the same time.  So, silly me, I went ahead and did both ways.  I really like basket blocks, so I enjoyed doing these two quilts together.   



The fabrics in this quilt are pastels from various different lines of fabric.  


The difference in this quilt and the other basket quilt is, this one has a couple of added borders.  I chose to do that, because of all the leftover fabric that I had.  (Note:  the leftover fabric from the other basket quilt, I made a simple nine patch quilt that I gave away).  The outer border is close to what I would call a piano border, only the keys are a little wider in my border.  Totally random scrappy.


This is the backing,  Believe it or not, there was that much fabric left over, and I had enough to make another complete quilt.  I designed this quilt pattern for the backing.  It kinda worked itself out with the scraps leftover from the baskets.   This is the only "reversible" quilt that I have made.  Not sure I will do it again, but once is worth the effort.




Next are the specific facts about the quilt:

Size: 63" X 80"
Fabric Lines Used:  Various Pastels

Pattern: Baskets Sampler
Designer: Diane Bowden
Long Arm Quilter: Carol Nelson Logan
Year Began:  2007
Year Completed:  2016

Warmest...


1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Like shoes- if you like it do it in every colour!!!!