Tuesday, August 23, 2016

2016 Finished Quilts - Chocolat - Quilt 8

This is my horror quilt.  You can read about all the issues and problems making this quilt in these past posts.  But through perseverance, I was able to get this one done.  In my last post on this quilt, I had pinned it myself to try to do the quilting on my domestic machine.  Nope, not going to happen, so I took out all the pins, separated the backing and the batting, and shipped it of to the long arm quilter.  After all, it is the biggest quilt I have ever finished.  It measures a whopping 100 inches square.  


It looks big laying out on my lawn!!!  Makes that ladder look puny.  And it is very heavy to lift when folded up.  It fits very nicely on our king size bed though, so after it is all said and done, I really do like it and how it looks.


I bonded it with the extra leftover backing.  The red makes it pop, and brightens up the whole quilt.



Below picture gives you a pretty good look at all the different blocks used in the quilt.  If you remember it is a round robin of each block, so by the time you get to the last round, you are making a zillion blocks of that one pattern!!


Below shows the backing,  remember I scored wide backing of the Chocolat line for the backing, and it was nice to have the width all in one piece for such a big quilt.




Next are the specific facts about the quilt:

Size:  100" X 100"
Fabric Lines Used:  Moda Chocolat by Three Sisters

Pattern: Chocolat Legacy
Designer:  Harriet Beecher Stowe - Harriet's Legacy Quilt
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began:  2007
Year Completed:  2016

Warmest...