Monday, August 29, 2016

2016 Finished Quilts - Alliatare Mystery Quilt - Quilt 11

This is my second year of participating in Bonnie Hunter's annual Mystery Quilt program.  You can read my posts about all the details of this quilt and how her Mystery Quilt works here.



This quilt was made with mostly (other than the dark green print) are from several different lines of Fig Tree by Moda.  I like using mode fabrics, as their lines within a designer, can be mixed and matched and come out just beautiful!!  When I posted it on the Quiltville FB page, I even got a comment from Bonnie herself!!  She has over 30,000 followers all over the world!!  


This is another rather large quilt, 82" X 95".  All of her mystery quilts are this big.  My first one, done in Thimbleberries (you can read about it here).  I still have to get a backing put together on it and get it sent off to be quilted at my long arm quilter.




A lot of the comments from my FB post were about the border print.  Everyone liked how it looks on the quilt.  I bound it in the dark green print and it pulled the quilt together.


The backing was a tough one, I had lots of the background fabric leftover, but not enough to cover the entire back, so I used up the peach print from the quilt top and made a different looking back.  Not the most attractive looking back, but it works, as no one will ever probably see the back, except my readers.  The front steals the show, and the back will stay off stage.

I am anxious for the next mystery quilt coming this November.  I am already deciding what type of fabric I will be using.  That's how I dream, always thinking about the next quilt project.  Sigh....



Next are the specific facts about the quilt:

Size:  82" X 95"
Fabric Lines Used:  Moda Fig Tree - Different Lines
Pattern: Allietare
Designer:  Bonnie Hunter
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began:  2015
Year Completed:  2016


Warmest...

SaveSave

1 comment:

Budsmam said...

Lovely! I made a smaller version of it, really looking forward to this years one