Friday, August 3, 2018

2017 Finishes - Block A Palooza - #30

Back in January 2011, there was a Blogger's Quilt Along called "Block-a-plooza".  It featured 16 bloggers, who designed a block.  Each week one of the 16 bloggers would post their block and in the end you ended up with sixteen 12" blocks and then they provided three different quilt top settings to finish the Quilt Along.  If you want to read more about this program and my progress you can click here.  I am not going to talk about this one much, as you can click on the link and read all you want about it.  I didn't take many pictures while working on this project other than to take a picture of the final block once it was done.

I will say that I had to remake two blocks, as they were so out of shape I couldn't work them in to fit when I started to piece the top together.  I actually had the top finished back in 2014, but it got put in a pile back in the closet, because I really liked the fabric line at the time and was making another 12 month program using it, and I had two more projects to do out of the fabric.  I did finally finish the other 12 month program and finished these two at the same time.  It is called Birdie Stitches #31.  You can read about it in a future post.










(It's been folded for a while, sorry for the wrinkles)













Size: 59" x 87"
Fabric Lines Used:  Sunkissed by Moda
Sherbert pale pink, orange, green, yellow, gray
Pattern: Block A Palooza
Designer:  Quilt Dad and Moda Designers
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 2011
Year Completed: 09/17 






No comments: