Friday, August 17, 2018

2017 Finishes - Fat Quarter Baskets - #34

Once again, this is a Thimbleberries club program from the year of "Anniversary Club".  You can click here to read about all the other projects from this club program.  


This is called Fat Quarter Baskets.  It is a square quilt, which I have found that if the blocks are set in a diagonal placing, the quilt is almost always a square.  Not a fan of square quilts, as they don't fit on beds too well, except just the top, unless they are about 108" x 108".  This one is only 78" x 78", it barely fits the top of my king size mattress.  Probably will look really nice on a double bed.




This is a nice block, as the handle in the basket is pieced rather than appliquéd like most basket blocks.  


This one had three borders.  Lynette's use of borders makes her quilts really come together.  I think that is why I really like doing her patterns.


Here is the backing that I found in a quilt shop in a small town south of us.  We travel there about three times a year for a trade show, and I manage to stop in and pick up a few fabrics.  They have a nice selection of 108" wide backings, and this is one of my favorites.  The design has all the colors used in the Thimbleberries line and it always works on these projects.  I have use it several times, almost will become my signature for all my future Thimbleberries projects.




Size: 78" x 78"
Fabric Lines Used:  Various Lines from Thimbleberries
Colors:  Fall reds, golds, greens
Pattern: Fat Quarter Baskets
Designer:  Lynette Jensen, Thimbleberries  Anniversary Club 12/09
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began:02/17
Year Completed: 09/17 

No comments: