Monday, August 13, 2018

2017 Finishes - Patches - #33

This project is old. Probably around 2007 - 2009.  I got the top finished during that time too.  For some reason (probably when I moved into my new sewing room in 2012)  Also,  it was a UFO from long before I started blogging.  Hence, there are no pictures of progress or any details.  

Most of what I am going to write about this one is strictly from memory.  I think this was a kit bought at the Sewing Expo that comes to town once a year.  I bought it because pastels are one of my favorite styles of quilts.  I would have never have bought the pattern because of the picture used on the pattern.   Color throws me sometimes.  But, to the defense of the pattern maker, the quilt was easy, and it uses fat quarters.  A plus in any quilter's world.


The sun faded out the true colors.  This is one quilt that is much more beautiful in person than a picture can do.  Really, it is very beautiful.








Close up of pattern and binding.




The backing is shabby chic pink tone on tone.  Another plug letting you know it is much prettier in person than the picture.


Size: 72" x 96"
Fabric Lines Used:  Kit using miscellaneous pastel colors
Pastel blue, green, yellow, pink
Pattern: Patches
Designer:  Sandy McCauley
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 10/2007
Year Completed: 10/17 


No comments: