Wednesday, August 22, 2018

2017 Finishes - Oregon Wildflowers Alternate (Asian) - #35

This quilt is part of a local quilt shop block of the month program.  I did this pattern in two different color ways and fabric lines.  I fell in love with this Asian print called "My Asian Garden" by Ro Gregg.  I posted some of the blocks as I was working on them, and you can see them up close by going here.  Seriously, the pictures do not do justice to this fabric line.  It is just gorgeous.  Especially the pink, which was what drew me to the line in the first place.  It is a standard 12 block quilt, will look nice on a twin bed, or on top of a double size.









Below pictures are of all the blocks in this quilt.  


These pictures also show the double sashing with corner stones for setting the blocks.


The border also has cornerstones for it's setting.




The backing does not look good in this picture, but is is a big pattern of beautiful Asian gardens.



I had a piece left over, so I took a better picture of the backing to show how beautiful it really is.


This quilt has been gifted to a wonderful person, all the way in North Carolina.  She is nurse and is a deserving person to have received one of my quilts.  




Size: 72" x 92"
Fabric Lines Used:  My Asian Garden by Ro Gregg
Colors: Greens, golds, pinks
Pattern: Oregon Wildflowers 
Designer:  Grandma's Attic, Dallas Oregon
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Logan Nelson
Year Began: 2008
Year Completed: 10/17 

No comments: