Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Slow Progress

I have made very little progress in the sewing room last week.  I was working on the "Aussie" two zip hipster as a custom order, and sent a progress picture to the customer.  She was not to happy with the largeness of the flag on the front of the bag.  Sigh.

Fortunately, someone else is tickled pink about this bag, and I have it sold to them.  So, it has been back to the drawing board for the other customer.  It's also the time of year when the weekend gun shows happen, and I have to be there with my husband.  And, then there is the fall garden work that has to be done.  And in the Pacific Northwest, there is so much to be done, because everything needs to be trimmed back or dug up for a pretty spring showing.

I have worked on a couple of blocks with the old BOM's I am working on:

This first one is from the "Land of Lincoln Sampler" BOM and is block 4, called Kentucky Crossroads.



This block is from the "Civil War Tribute" BOM and is block 3.  But, with this BOM, each month has two to four of the same blocks to be made.  I have made the first 12" block and will need to make another one, then I will need to make the same block pattern two more times, only these blocks will be 18".


At least, you know that I am not just sitting around and doing nothing, just not much exciting to post about this time of year.


No comments: