Monday, September 30, 2013

Busy Without Blog Interest

Yes, I have been busy in my sewing room, just not anything to blog about of any interest.  But here is exactly what I have been doing in my sewing room.

I did a really nice swim bag for my sister-in-law, but I only took pictures of the progress and not the final product.  Palm to the forehead moment!  I finished the bag late Saturday night, and packaged it up for mailing out on Monday.  I do this a lot.  I get ahead of myself on projects, and either miss a step or have to do re-work.  So,  here are the progress photos:


This is the main body of the bag, with a pliable plastic mesh for an outside pocket.  If you look at the top of the bag, there is a zippered inside pocket.  It was finished with boxed sides that I put purple binding on the outside of the bag, which completed the seams.  I added black webbing straps, both short handles and long ones to be carried two ways.


This is a close up of the design of the PUL fabric.  It is, I believe, a flowering cabbage, all over pattern.


This may be hard to see, but this lining is a "terry cloth" on one side and PUL on the other side.  I chose to line the bag with this to give it some more stability (the printed PUL was thinner than I have worked on in the past), and to give it a "towel" theme in relation to it being a swim bag.

Again, here is a palm to the forehead, because I can't give you a final picture.  SORRY!

I have also been super busy with these:


These are the cut outs of the fleece blankets that I sell on my Etsy shop.  I have sold most of my inventory, and needed to get some more done.  Two separate times, I would get one done, and post on my Etsy site, and it would sell within 24 hours.  One was a Winnie the Pooh pastel print, and the other one was John Deere green print. 




I sell more pink camo baby blankets that I had my husband get the whole bolt, because this fleece sells out fast in the local fabric store.  I also have had to order it on-line once in order to keep up with the demand.





So, to reiterate, I have been busy in my sewing room, just not much of the normal blog interest.

Warmest....


No comments: