Friday, October 4, 2013

BOM (Old) Update

This week I did some work on my ongoing older BOM's.  By working on three or four projects at a time, I don't get too bored with any one project.  Working on these older BOM's that I have had stored for a few years, also gives me a sense of accomplishment of cleaning up my stash.  

First up is the progress of putting together the Farmer's Wife blocks.  This has been somewhat of a struggle because the blocks are different sizes.  The reason my blocks came out different sizes is because when printing off the templates from the CD that came with the book, I didn't make sure the print came out at actual size.  This caused them to come out slightly smaller, and slightly smaller over many pieces can be 1/4" or more.  Then, someone in our online group decided to incorporate Marti Mitchell's acrylic templates for some of the pieces throughout the quilt.  So using the incorrect sized paper pieces and the correct sized acrylic pieces have caused some difficulty in matching up the blocks and the sashing.  I have just a little warbling going on.  I am fairly confident that this will work itself out in final pressing, and when the quilting of the top gets done.  But so far, I am liking how it is turning out.

Next up is the next block from the Land of Lincoln Sampler BOM.  This is block #5, called Road to the White House.

And finally, the next block for the A Civil War Tribute BOM.  If you recall, each month requires more than just one block.  This month called for a 18" block and a 12" block.  This is Month 4 of the program.  Between you and me, these two blocks, on their own, are just plain ugly!  Actually, they look better here as a picture than in person.  But, I imagine once worked into the rest of the quilt, they won't be so ugly, and fit right in as if they belong.


1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have been busy. I've made a few FWS blocks, but not many. Yours is coming together quite nicely.