Thursday, October 10, 2013

UFO Project Top Completed

Yep, another UFO project bites the dust, meaning it is completed.  Well, at least the top is completed.  I had a short break today, in overcast Oregon, to hang the finished top on the fence outside.  The top finished out to be about 70" X 87".  Remember I did three extra center blocks, to make the quilt more for a twin bed, rather than be just a big square quilt.



I brought the finished top back inside and laid it on my cutting table (folded) and took a couple of close up pictures.


I really like the thin green border, and if I would have thought about it, I would have put one on the other side of the flying geese, but I just followed the pattern and it only called for one.  (Sigh)


Warmest...

4 comments:

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Amazing quilt top! Lots of pieces and patience with this quilt. Love the flying geese border and choices of fabric and colors! I too would be celebrating one more UFO nearing completion.

Podunk Pretties said...

Congrats on finishing! Great quilt! Love the tiny green border it really makes the center stand out.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and congrats on getting the top all pieced! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Anonymous said...

very lovely and I like it with just one green border!