Thursday, April 24, 2014

Country Gatherings Final Blocks 10, 11, and 12

I worked in between doing a commissioned project (Jill's Quilt) and finished the last three blocks of this UFO BOM Country Gatherings. Then on Monday, we were in the big city and was able to go to a store called Fabric Depot, which has thousands upon thousands of fabric, including quilting fabric from the major manufactures. I was able to find some fabric that will work as the sashing, but I am a bit stymied about the final choice of setting the blocks and borders. The booklet that I followed for this BOM has six ways to finish the quilt, including setting the blocks on point and the others have fancy sashings using star centers, and borders that are half square triangles, and so on. But for now I can say the blocks are complete and I can work on how I want to finish the quilt itself.

Here are the blocks:

Block 10



Block 11



Block 12


Warmest...

No comments: