Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Still Busy Outside

Yep, that's me, still busy working outside on several garden areas, one at a time.  Slowly, one at a time.  See, I am Manual, as in manual labor.  I am not allowed around machinery, so I do everything with hand tools and my back.  Such a slooooowwww process.  Anyway, here is what I have been working on last week and yesterday:

This is the before picture.  You can barely make out the edge where the grass meets the weed part of the flower bed.


Then this is the picture of all the weeds, grass, and excess dirt thrown in a trailer.


And this is the picture of the flower bed all dug up.

Now, today, I will be digging in the sprinklers back into the bed and setting them up for use when we turn them on later this Spring.  Then, I will be planting some more perennials, glad bulbs, and some other flower seeds (sunflowers and marigolds).


I also have been keeping an eye on my baby chicks.  I stopped brooding them about 4 days ago, but they are still kinda timid about venturing out into the real world (aka the chicken yard).  Below is a short video of them being silly and full of themselves.



After working so laboriously, I love that I can sit down and relax in my sewing room and do some sewing.  I got another block done for the Country Gatherings BOM that I have been working on lately.  I am breezing right through this one, and really like the bright colors.  At first I thought the fabrics were from the 30's era, I really think they are more from the 40's.  Here is block 7.


So, there you go.  Or how I go during this Spring Season!

Warmest...


No comments: